"Two are better than one, because they have a good return for their labour”:
Learning for Life in a Christian family
- To enable each child to reach their full potential socially, intellectually, emotionally, spiritually and physically.
- To develop respect for themselves, others and the environment.
- To develop knowledge of the Christian faith and use this to inform their behaviour.
- To develop effective learners, ready for the next step of their education.
To be achieved by being effective, distinctive, rooted and inclusive:
- By providing an exciting, challenging and innovative curriculum which develops a love of learning and is adapted to individual needs.
- By developing an effective, motivated and professional team, who deliver high quality teaching and learning responding to new challenges.
- Children learn in an environment where our Christian Values are embedded in our school rules. These include friendship, forgiveness, justice, perseverance, thankfulness and respect and reverence.
- By providing a safe and secure learning environment where pupils develop a sense of self-worth, personal responsibility and the confidence to voice their own opinions,
- By working in close partnership with parents, governors, the churches and the wider community to provide children with excellent role models.
- By providing excellent RE which deepens pupil’s knowledge of the Christian faith and other key faiths.
- By valuing and respecting each individual and seeking to instil in the children, respect and care for each other, regardless of creed, culture and aptitude.
- By providing children to with opportunities to contribute to the life of the school and the local community in order that they become responsible citizens.